Reasons Why You should switch to LED Flood Lights

LED flood lights need no introduction. They offer just about something for everyone. This post looks at the top reasons why one should switch to LED flood lights.

More Energy Efficient

When it comes to incandescent light bulbs, they lose about 80 percent of their energy as heat which only leaves about 20 percent for light production. While on the other hand, LED flood lights are the complete opposite. They lose less than 10 percent of the energy as heat. Thus, when lumen brightness is looked at, LED flood lights use less than time times of the energy as compared to traditional flood lights.

When you switch to LED as the main source of illumination, you would start to see significant reduction in the overall household power consumption and it would lead to a reduction in energy bills.

Last Much Longer

With a far superior heat dissipation system, LED flood lights are less likely to burn out. LED flood lights offer a higher life expectancy that is over 50,000 hours. They are six to twenty times as long as traditional flood lights. This means users will get to use LED flood lights for up to 17 years or more.

More Colorful

Unlike traditional flood lights, LED flood lights provide thousands of color options without the need for any inconvenient or bulky filers. Hence, LED flood lights are more viable option for venue lighting and events.

Completely Silent

One of the main issues which people seem to have with traditional flood lights is the incessant buzzing and humming sound of the lights. The sound is caused by the transformer or ballast of the lighting fixture.

While, on the other hand LED flood lights work in complete silence which makes them less of a distraction and more pleasant to be around.

Incredibly Safe

Since LED flood lights convert less energy into heat, they would remain much cooler at all times. This means that your fingers would not burn when you accidentally touch the flood light. Besides, there is a lower chance of a fire occurring due to the LED flood light.

Better For Health

You probably know that traditional flood lights are notorious for causing migraines and headaches. They have terrible side effects which is why you need LED flood lights which do not flicker or cause headaches. Therefore, LED flood lights are better health option.

LED lighting technology has been created to an extent where natural light is effectively mimicked and it has a high score on the CRI (Color Rendering Index). According to research, it has been proved that proper exposure to natural light helps promote a healthy circadian rhythm.

Conclusion

A great thing about LED flood lights is that the quality of the white light can easily be tailored to suit every type of human eye. Thus, this eliminates eye strain and reduces the chances of premature aging. All in all, LED flood lights are the future of lighting and it is a great idea to switch to LED flood lights.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *